The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can the account default user still receive e-mail?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Stefaans, Jul 23, 2003.

1. Stefaans

Stefaans Well-Known Member

I created an account for the user "username" with domain "domain.com".

Mail to the default user (FTP user) of the account, username@domain.com, is not delivered correctly. Looking at the Exim log delivery was attempted to username@serverhostname instead of username@domain.com.

The mailbox seem active because I can log in via webmail. Its's simply the delivery that goes differently from what I am used to.

In a way this is a good thing because the default user mailboxes tend to not be used by clients and attract a lot of SPAM. But not if the client does want to use that mailbox.

Is this an intentional change with Exim 4, or is there something I should fix?

Your advice is appreciated :)

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. Stefaans

Stefaans Well-Known Member

BUMP!

Oop did I just do that ? :D

Please confirm that your default account mailboxes still work as before. In other words, when you have an account for domain.com that is owned by username, the default address in /etc/valiases/domain.com is typically set to *: username. But lately e-mail to undelivered@domain.com is not going to the username mailbox anymore, but to username@serverhostname.com instead :confused:

Your comments are appreciated :)

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: