The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can this be done?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nibb, Apr 13, 2008.

1. nibb

nibb Well-Known Member

If it can how?

Basically its very simple.

I have some hosting plans. And i want to have some resellers.

But the resellers should use the same plans as normal users.

The only differences is that they can created domains and plans.

Not unlimited domains. A number i increase or decrease

But they should be able to add hosting plan under his current limits only.

For example if the reseller has 100 MB disk space he and i allow him 10 domains he could create those ten only until the 100 MB but not 10 x 100 MB.

They should always created plans but respect their limits.

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    WHM >> Main >> Resellers >> Reseller Center >> Account Creation Limits

Good luck. :)

3. nibb

nibb Well-Known Member

Well im a little confused on how Cpanel organizes his account. Dont get me wrong. I love it.

But since i made the plans based on Plesk i dont know how to merge some changes to Cpanel.

For example Cpanel created 1 account for each domain under root. Thats ok.

But i have customers that have more domains then their current plans. For example in Plesk i had a plan that allowed 5 domains.

Not in Cpanel all 5 have an account.

With the plans that only had 1 domain i just assigned then the plan i had. But since i dont have a plan with 5 domain limit, the customer added this as addons to his account.

I think i have to create them as reseller right if they have more then 1 account?

Basically what i need is to take this 4 domains and put then as addons under the mains client accounts. For resellers i just create a reseller account, but not all are resellers.

Can i move 1 account under another one in Cpanel without the user being a Reseller?

How confusing my post look,but is actually simple. I now Cpanel has an addon domain button under each account but since migrated from Plesk it created a separated account for each domain since that was how it was set up. In plesk i had them all set up as resellers.

4. nibb

nibb Well-Known Member

Ok it can be done.

Actually its very customizable. There are options i never imagined before. But yes it lets you limite per domain number (called account) in WHM and per the current reseller plan limits.

I now still dont know what to do with clients that had more then 1 domain but are no Resellers.

I have to activate them as resellers so have all domains under their account. I whish i could add them as addon domain. But i dont think that can be done. To move an account as addon domain from another account.