The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can two cPanel users have the same email?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by satoo, Feb 18, 2010.

1. satoo

satoo Member

Say you're on a VPS or dedicated server and you want to create multiple users so that you can put domains on different IP's without using addon domains.

Do all those users have to have the same email address?

If not, what if you had 25 IP's allocated to the server and you wanted a domain on each one...is there any other way of doing that?

2. mtindor

mtindor Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    No. Each account can be associated with a different email address. As far as I know, the only reason an email address is even necessary is so that when the account is set up an email with the needed site configuration information can be sent to the user.

Regardless of whether you used the same email address or a different email address for a user, if you had 25 IPs allocated and you wanted a domain on each one, you can simply select the option [probably under advanced options when setting up the user account, it's been a while since I used WHM to set up a user account] for it to use an IP address from the pool. I believe you can actually select the specific IP address you want each domain to use.

mike

3. satoo

satoo Member

Sorry, I phrased that wrong. I meant to say...can they all have the same email address? That's what I want, so I don't have to create 25 new email address.

Really, I'd be perfectly happy with just one user who had 25 IP's and a domain on each one all within one FTP account. Don't think that's possible with cPanel, though? I know it isn't in DirectAdmin.

4. mtindor

mtindor Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Yes, you can set up as many accounts in cPanel as you want, all with the same email address associated with them.

I don't believe that is possible in cPanel either.

Mike

5. satoo

satoo Member

thanks...I'll try that

6. mohit

mohit Well-Known Member

you can save same email to Each cpanel account, no matter how many they are, normally e-mail ID saved in cpanel with get mails about mailbox size , bandwidth, space reaching specified limits emails as warnings.

to set up multiple domains under one cpanel you can use add-on domain and then look for some option where add-on domain is pointed to a different IP.
    search this forum and see if it helps you.

Else make this user a reseller and allow them using different IP's, this way they can use reseller whm for whatever they need to access/change on there hosted a/c's.

7. thewebhosting

thewebhosting Well-Known Member

Hi,

You can use same email account for all the users but the username must remain different of all accounts.

You can assign dedicated IP address to the site from WHM of your account.