The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can WHM/CPanel send server msgs to 3rd party SMTP

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by gwc_wd, Mar 11, 2012.

1. gwc_wd

gwc_wd Member

I have disabled mail services in WHM and using MX entries have moved all user e-mail accounts to dedicated e-mail providers.

The flaw in my logic turns out that now I am not receiving admin notices from the server, such as cPHulk Brute Force Protection, root login notices and so on.

The WordPress installs work fine using SMTP to authenticate to the external e-mail providers. I used a plugin WP SMTP Mail to replace WP's use of php mail. Good news: everyone's e-mail is working fine and WP notices are sent fine. Also good news: I'm essentially safe from malicious scripts turning my server into a spam source.

Bad news: I have to constantly log into WHM and manually check everything because I can't get server messages by e-mail. In the Contact info, I have of course set up a functioning e-mail address but it lives on an external mail server.

Is there a way to add the SMTP authentication information so that WHM/CPanel/"the server" to use it to send admin mail?

Any guidance very sincerely appreciated.