Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Can WHM show incorrect CPU/hardware on dedicated servers?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nemmar, Mar 10, 2013.

1. nemmar

nemmar Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi,

I have a dedicated web hosting server for my websites. I don't need root access since I just use WHM and Cpanel to setup my domains and configure my websites. The web hosting technical support has been unreliable and they sometimes give me incorrect support information/advice.

My sites were overloading the old dedicated server I had with this hosting company so I just upgraded to their more powerful dedicated hosting server. I noticed in the WHM > Server Status > Server Information screen that the server hardware is NOT what the web hosting advertised I would get with this new dedicated server. The hosting tech support told me that through SSH and through their Server Status > Server Information screen they are seeing the correct CPUs/hardware for this new server and they do not know why my WHM is displaying the incorrect server hardware.

I have attached a screenshot and here are the details:

WHM software version (from the upper right corner of the WHM screen):
    WHM Accelerated 2
    WHM 11.32.5 (build 15)

Total processors: 4

Processor #1 (processors #2, #3, and #4 all have the same info)
    Vendor GenuineIntel
    Name Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X3430 @ 2.40GHz
    Speed 2394.040 MHz
    Cache 8192 KB

My web hosting company advertised that this dedicated server should have:
    Intel Xeon CPU E3-1220 @ 3.10GHz Turbo Quad Core/4T processors

Can someome who is an expert with WHM installed on dedicated servers please tell me if it's possible for WHM to display incorrect server CPU/hardware info?
    And if this is a "bug" in WHM, do you have any advice on how this can be fixed?

Let me know if you need more details to answer my post correctly.
    Thank you for any advice!!

Attached Files: