The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you customize cPanel?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ErosP, Feb 9, 2012.

1. ErosP

ErosP Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Alright friends, before you really start shaking your heads, yes I am a super newbie when it comes to this cPanel stuff, just keep in mind we all started from zero, so please be patient with me! My philosophy is simple: the dumbest question is the one that isn't asked...

cPanel - as a domain reseller, is it possible to customize cPanel (for example) so that your users will only be able to do things like manage their own domains, access/setup/manage email and access only certain applications within their own cPanel? I would be like a super user/admin in this case.

My plan is to resell websites to a niche market and add domain sales/management as an additional stream of recurring income. I don't want users (again another example) to install their own Wordpress as I will be hosting a specialized WP install optimized for WP websites. Am I making sense here?

Now, assuming this *is* possible, who in the industry allows you to do this? Currently I am with GoDaddy as a reseller only so I can get my head wrapped around the possibilities for domain reselling and management. If someone else has what I am looking for (above) I would gladly switch!

BTW if you know of anyone with a cPanel hosting that includes a files dropbox, even better!

Thanks in advance from the newbie,
    Eros

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Yes, this is possible through the use of feature lists. You can create feature lists via the Feature Manager in Web Host Manager:

Feature Manager

Then, you would create or modify packages to use the custom feature list.

Thank you.

3. ErosP

ErosP Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Thanks for the reply!