The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can you delay a redirect?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by brokenbentou, Aug 11, 2011.

1. brokenbentou

brokenbentou Registered

I'm actually trying to help a friend with his cPanel. We're trying to figure out how to force the redirect feature to wait about 500ms before redirecting to another website. Is there a script or something i could use?

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Not specifically the actual redirect I don't think, but you could point a redirect to a simple page with a Meta refresh time that goes to the other site after a set time.

3. brokenbentou

brokenbentou Registered

well i'm trying to have the user stay on the page that redirects them for just half a second. This is because when google crawls the site, it skips it because the actual domain that redirects to another has no content. i wanted to flood the the first domain with keywords relating to the product i'm selling, but i want some way to have that domain wait a bit before redirecting so google has a chance to crawl the site and add it to the search results.

4. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    A meta refresh will serve the purpose intended as Infopro mentioned. You can set the time for the redirect on that page before redirecting to the other page.

Code:
    <meta HTTP-EQUIV=”REFRESH” content=”1; url=http://www.yourdomain.com/index.html”>
    This would redirect in 1 second. Change the 1 to 5 for 5 seconds. Change the url to be the page you are redirecting to.

5. brokenbentou

brokenbentou Registered

Sir I applaud you for your help.