Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

can you delay a redirect?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by brokenbentou, Aug 11, 2011.

1. brokenbentou

brokenbentou Registered

I'm actually trying to help a friend with his cPanel. We're trying to figure out how to force the redirect feature to wait about 500ms before redirecting to another website. Is there a script or something i could use?

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Not specifically the actual redirect I don't think, but you could point a redirect to a simple page with a Meta refresh time that goes to the other site after a set time.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. brokenbentou

brokenbentou Registered

well i'm trying to have the user stay on the page that redirects them for just half a second. This is because when google crawls the site, it skips it because the actual domain that redirects to another has no content. i wanted to flood the the first domain with keywords relating to the product i'm selling, but i want some way to have that domain wait a bit before redirecting so google has a chance to crawl the site and add it to the search results.

4. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    A meta refresh will serve the purpose intended as Infopro mentioned. You can set the time for the redirect on that page before redirecting to the other page.

Code:
    <meta HTTP-EQUIV=”REFRESH” content=”1; url=http://www.yourdomain.com/index.html”>
    This would redirect in 1 second. Change the 1 to 5 for 5 seconds. Change the url to be the page you are redirecting to.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. brokenbentou

brokenbentou Registered

Sir I applaud you for your help.