The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot access cpanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zazoos1, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Zazoos1

Zazoos1 Well-Known Member

I have a new client who is claiming he cannot access his cpanel. He says that when he uses the url:

http://hisdomain.com/cpanel

that he gets a page cannot be displayed error in IE. I cannot reproduce this as when I try, it correctly load the login box and when I enter his username and password, it logs me in with no issue.

Are there any recommendations on what the problem can be? It has been five days since his nameservers were set and he can access his domain via HTTP with no trouble, so I do not think it would be a DNS issue, but....

Any help is appreciated. Thanks for your time.

2. jayh38

jayh38 Well-Known Member

If they can view their pages then your dns is fine. They most likely need to delete their browser cache or their local dns cache.

3. EricG

EricG Member

I have the very same problem with my VPS. It started this morning. I can't access cPanel or whm in any way, whether I use domain/cpanel or domain/port, I get the same "cannot display page".

I can't even get root access with https://mydomain.com:2087

Edit: It seems that cPanel stopped running for some reason. I restarted it and it works fine now.

#3 EricG, Jan 29, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2007
  4. Zazoos1

"They most likely need to delete their browser cache or their local dns cache."

Thank you for the suggestion. I will ask them to do this.

I do not think it is related to a problem with cpanel not running though as I can login to his account fine and none of the other clients hosting on this server are experiencing this.

I would appreciate any other suggestions if anyone can think of anything else that could cause this, and will let you all know if deleting their browser cache helps.

5. meposter

meposter Member

It looks like your client is running a firewall that is blocking the cpanel access ports. Have them speak to their sys admin and have them open access to the cpanel ports such as 2082 and 2095.

This could also explain why you can't reproduce the problem on your end as those ports aren't firewalled on your end.

hope this helps. :)

6. Zazoos1

"It looks like your client is running a firewall that is blocking the cpanel access ports."

Thank you for this suggestion. This sounds like it could be the issue. When you say 'Have them speak to their sys admin" do you mean their ISP? Or is this a firewall run on their computer like McAffee or something? Or potentially either?

Thanks again for all the helpful suggestions on possible causes.