The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot access my site

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nicolerios, Jun 26, 2009.

1. nicolerios

nicolerios Registered

Hello, I'm not sure if this problem has arisen for others, but if it was and was fixed, you can just point me to the thread.

My domain, in-kognito.org, is an add-on domain to chibi-koneko.net. C-K.Net is working fine, but there's something wrong with in-kognito.

in-kognito.org

It's coming up with that odd cPanel page. I can get into my website files, but I don't know how to get rid of this page.

Any help would be amazing!! Thanks =]

#1 nicolerios, Jun 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2009
  2. PlatinumServerM

PlatinumServerM Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  3. logicsupport

logicsupport Well-Known Member

This seems to be with the IP difference. Please check the IP which is assigned in the dns file and apache for the addon account. Also try to recreate the addon domain.

4. nicolerios

nicolerios Registered

I actually don't know how to check my apache config >< But, I looked at my the nameservers on the domain and they were actually wrong, so I changed them to what they should have been. Then I tried recreating the addon domain to see if that was the problem, but I'm still having the same problem. I'm actually trying to figure out if the re-create worked, because its not showing up that it did, even though on the CPanel when I tried to re-add it, I got a message saying it was successful.

I've had this domain/hosting for a while, and the problem only arose after our host changed servers. The nameservers are now correct, but again, I have no idea how to check/fix the Apache config...

5. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Your host does. He's the one who would be doing it since you don't have root access. Now that's you've edited the nameserver details at the registrar, it may just be a matter of waiting for it to propagate. If you're sure all should be working on your end, your host is the next stop.

6. InstaCarma_Tech

InstaCarma_Tech Well-Known Member

This might have caused an IP mismatch as suggested by others above. If you do not have 'root' access, then you will have to contact your host and have them check the apache config.(/usr/local/apache/conf/http.conf) and the DNS zone file for any discrepancy.