The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot Access Website Hosted in cPanel via Port 80

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by z.andrei, Nov 17, 2014.

1. z.andrei

z.andrei Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi guys & gals,

I have a CentOS 6.6 running cPanel & WHM in AWS and for the life of me I cannot get to a demo website hosted within a cPanel account. It just won't let me access that domain over port 80.

I've created a test site (wordpress), uploaded the files to the www folder, created the database, changed the wp-config.php file, but when I navigate to the site (either by domain name or IP) I get that the "connection attempt was rejected" - ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED.

Here's some background info about my setup:

• cPanel and WHM run on AWS t1.micro instance (free tier)
    • Apache 2.2.29, PHP 5, WHM 11.46 build 12
    • WHM (port 2087) and cPanel (2083) can be accessed using valid wildcard SSL cert (GoDaddy)
    • FTP is working over port 21 or SFTP on port 22
    • MySQL is working, and I created a WordPress user and database
    • Within CentOS I checked ipTables and HTTP is present / accepting from anywhere
    • AWS security groups are allowing access to all necessary ports, 443, 80, 21, 22, 2083, 2087
    • DNS is with Amazon Route53, and the A Record resolves to the AWL instance Public / Elastic IP (48+ hours)
    • Within WHM i can validate my internal IP to the external IP
    • DNS (BIND) is running in WHM
    • There's one IP mapped to one NIC (eth0) shared by both WHM and cPanel
    • I'm still running the 15 day Trial cPanel
    • All services are up
    • The test domain (blog.example.com) and host (cpanel.example.com) are on the same domain.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks,

Andrei

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

It looks like you've already checked for most of the common causes of such an error message. Could you open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look? You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.