The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot access WHM

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wallaby, Nov 14, 2003.

1. Wallaby

Wallaby Well-Known Member

Cannot access WHM / Digest::MD5

Related to the thread about last night's update, after changing to STABLE release and doing /scripts/upcp I cannot now get into WHM at all.

Neither port 2086 or 2087 works, with IP address or with domain name. All I get is "The page cannot be displayed" and "Cannot find server or DNS Error"

Tried rebooting, no joy. All the services on the server seem to work and I can get into CPanel, but not WHM.

Any ideas please? (Sounds of great chunks of hair being torn out in desperation...) The support ticket system here is broken so I can't ask CPanel...

**UPDATE**

Trying service cpanel stop and then service cpanel start I get (as well as some other stuff):

Starting Web Host Manager services: Digest::MD5 object version 2.27 does not match $Digest::MD5::VERSION 2.30.
    [FAILED]

This seems to be the issue. Any wisdom to offer?

#1 Wallaby, Nov 14, 2003
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2003
  2. Wallaby

Wallaby Well-Known Member

Update.

Doing this

/usr/local/cpanel/install/rsync 2>/dev/null
    /usr/local/cpanel/install/perm 2>/dev/null

sorted the WHM access problem.

By hook or by crook the perl-related issues (eg with Neomail)we were experiencing with loads of other folks seem to have been fixed too.

Feeling very weary... a fine Sirloin steak and bottle of good Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon is calling me...

3. bennet

bennet Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator