The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot add more than 9 IPs under IP Functions

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by Bort_Panel, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Bort_Panel

Bort_Panel Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I built a new cpanel server on CentOS 7.1 and cannot successfully add more than 9 IPs to the system. It accepts the range of 20 IPs when I add them under 'add a new IP address', but they do not show up under reserved or current IP addresses. If I try to re add the IPs that are missing I get a message saying "*IP* is already an active IP. Skipping *IP* .. already added." I've tried rebuilding the IP address pool. Ifconfig shows the main site IP and *ethernet adapter*:cp1 through cp9. If I look at the /etc/ips file it shows all of the IPs that I've tried to add. I've tried restarting ipaliases service and the network service, and have rebooted the server a couple of times. /etc/ipaddrpool only ever shows the 9 addresses that are listed when I do an ifconfig. I ended up building a new server just to make sure something didn't go awry during the first install, and am seeing the same issue. I tried looking for similar threads on these forums, but didn't really see anything. Does anyone have any experience with this? Or any ideas?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

It seems like a networking configuration problem if you notice the issue when running the "ifconfig" command. Have you reported this issue to your data center or hosting provider to have them check into this further for you?

Thank you.

3. Ferdinand Soto

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I am having the same exact Issue on a new server. Can you tell me how you resolved your problem.

Thanks

4. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    It seems like a potential issue with your OS. Have you reported this issue to your data center or hosting provider to see if it's an issue they have encountered before?

Thank you.

5. Ferdinand Soto

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Michael after extensive troubleshooting with your staff we found the problem. The problem lies in ifconfig, the command cannot assign IP addresses when a network interface's label exceed 15 characters. The new Manager in CentOS 7 names the devices as eno and a number. Once you get to the tenth ip, the 15 character limit is exceeded and ifconfig goes bunker. eno16222555:cp9. In my case the way we solved it was by renaming my nic card to "eth0" instead of "eno16222555". We also disabled the network manager. I hope this helps other with similar problem.

6. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

You may also want to report this issue as a bug to CentOS as "eno16222555" should not be configured by default unless there were really 16222555 on-board network devices (obviously not the case).

Thank you.