The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot backup Joomla site to Amazon S3 using mod_fcgid

Discussion in 'Workarounds and Optimization' started by andreseso, Jul 30, 2011.

1. andreseso

andreseso Member

Hello,

I have several joomla sites I am used to backing up to Amazon S3 and in the last step for one site I am sending a 350 Mega Byte file from my server to Amazon S3. I am not able to get it to work with mod_fcgid. Most times the backup process dies with

[Sat Jul 30 15:00:08 2011] [warn] [client 88.14.114.76] (104)Connection reset by peer: mod_fcgid: error reading data from FastCGI server, referer: /http://www.biopsicologia.net/administrator/index.php?option=com_akeeba&view=backup

The current settings after trial and error are defined in /usr/local/apache/conf/includes/pre_main_global.conf and are
    <IfModule mod_fcgid.c>
    MaxRequestLen 100000000000
    IPCConnectTimeout 100
    IPCCommTimeout 1000
    FcgidBusyScanInterval 90
    FcgidBusyTimeout 600
    FcgidErrorScanInterval 3
    FcgidFixPathinfo 1
    FcgidIdleScanInterval 70
    FcgidIdleTimeout 360
    FcgidIOTimeout 1000
    FcgidMaxProcesses 1000
    FcgidMaxProcessesPerClass 100
    FcgidMaxRequestInMem 2684354560
    FcgidMaxRequestLen 1073741824000
    FcgidMaxRequestsPerProcess 0
    FcgidMinProcessesPerClass 3
    FcgidOutputBufferSize 1048576000
    FcgidPassHeader HTTP_AUTHORIZATION
    FcgidProcessLifeTime 3600
    FcgidSpawnScore 1
    FcgidSpawnScoreUpLimit 10
    FcgidTerminationScore 2
    FcgidTimeScore 2
    FcgidZombieScanInterval 3
    </IfModule>

With these settings I tried to upload a 91 Mega Byte file using the Joomla Backup script Akeeba Backup and my server died.

It has 2GHz and 4GB RAM

Any help would be appreciated on how to configure mod_fcgid to permit such large uploads.

Love

2. andreseso

andreseso Member

Any ideas?

I had problems getting the server to accept Joomla installation files as their file size is larger than the default mod_fcgid POST size.

In addition each backup kills my server so it does not respond to pings for ten minutes. It does not reboot. To make things even more interesting I got backups scheduled through cron jobs. Right now my server is dead.

There must be some way of getting akeeba to work with mod_fcgid without the server crashing and burning.

I have contacted my hosting provider to get rid of mod_fcgid. I do not know how to do it.

I do not know how to find the mod_fcgid version.
    I do not know what is wrong
    I have told the server through the WHM to use suphp. It uses mod_fcgid no matter what I tell it to do.

WHM is WHM 11.30.2 (build 1) CENTOS 5.6 x86_64 virtuozzo on sendero

Love

3. andreseso

andreseso Member

The server dies using SuPHP having transferred between 20 and 30 MB. The developer of Akeeba cannot think of anything apart from firewall issues to explain the problem. The load shoots so high that the DNS servers stop responding.

Could anybody please send me tried and tested Apache 2.2 with PHP 5.3.6 configuration where lots of functionality is compiled into the PHP? A configuration file to be used with Easy Apache.

Love