Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

SOLVED Cannot connect to CardDAV

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by RumblinBuffalo, May 14, 2018.

Tags:
  1. RumblinBuffalo

RumblinBuffalo Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello,

I have some experience setting up CardDAV through Outlook 2016 using the CalDAV Synchronizer add-on. I have set it up, had it working, and used it successfully across multiple PC's.

I recently changed web/email hosts, to a company who also runs cPanel (and has recently upgraded to the newest version). From my end this should set up and work exactly the same way, except with my new provider, I cannot make a connection to cPanel.

Using the CalDAV Synchronizer, I've attempted to connect using the URL provided by cPanel:
    https://mail.mydomain.com:2080

I've also tried the full URL's that connect directly to the various address books. No matter which one I use, I receive the following error:

An error occured while sending the request.
    An error occured while sending the request.
    Unable to connect to the remote server
    No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it xxx.xxx.xx.xxx:2080

I've contacted my provider, who in-turn spoke with his server rep, and they opened port 2080. This still has not resolved the problem.

I've also tried connecting using two different Apple devices (both iOS, and OSX) and neither will make a connection.

This is difficult, because I have clearly seen this work using my old provider, but cannot figure out what is blocking me with the new provider.

Is there anything glaring that I might be missing, or that I could advise my server host to look into? I can provide additional info if necessary.

Thanks!

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @RumblinBuffalo,

As far as the CalDAV Synchronizer application, you may need to adjust the configuration file for that application so that it works with cPanel's CalDAV implementation. Here are a couple of external links where this is discussed:

Outlook CalDav Synchronizer / Discussion / General Discussion:Version 1.11 working but not version 1.12 or 1.13
    Outlook CalDav Synchronizer / Tickets / #172 Issue with CalDAV and cPanel

Beyond that, you'd need to check with your hosting provider to see if any specific output appears in /usr/local/cpanel/logs/cpdavd_error_log during the failed connection attempt.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. RumblinBuffalo

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Thank you @cPanelMichael,

I am aware of those configuration settings as well - I was able to work around that error with my previous provider (I am currently using version 3.1.1 of CalDAV Synchronizer).

With this provider I cannot even get that far. I've also tried Apple devices (which have CardDAV/CalDAV functionality built in, and followed the cPanel guide but still nothing.

I appreciate the feedback and I'll have them check that server log.

Thanks!

cPanelMichael likes this.
  4. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,

Feel free to post any output they provide you with from that log file and we can check to see if there's a known solution.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. RumblinBuffalo

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Just a quick update - the issue turned out to be a firewall issue with the server provider blocking my IP address (possibly caused by repeated blocked connection attempts before port 2080 was opened). Thanks for your help.

6. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,

I'm glad to see you were able to determine the cause of the issue. Thank you for sharing the outcome.