Cannot create accounts! [moved]

Ziji

Registered
Jul 29, 2005
Cannot create accounts!

hi!

i have password proctected in one directory and wanna create a account where my member can access it.. but unfortunately i cant, it does say that it successfully has added a new account but when i click" Go Back" the account name isnt visible... i have tried many time with different names and password but still no results!

please need help!

thx in advance

nickb

Feb 25, 2005
India
Try doing it manually from shell...create a .htaccess in the required directory with valid entries in it..then use htpasswd to generate passwords.....I know it is not a solution...first do it and then try doing it from cpanel.

chirpy

Verifed Vendor
Jun 15, 2002
Go on, have a guess
You can upload a .htaccess file via FTP. You need to ask such questions of your web hosting provider since support is what you pay them for.

Ziji

Registered
Jul 29, 2005
the problem is not lay in missing of htaccess i think i got an bug :S

it some time shows that i have modified a user but its empty even though i added a account, and sometimes i choosse different names and i could login succefully with the account that i created but what the heck is wrong withmy account, i cant create some specific names :S

and i cannot login now, it does says that i have added a account but i still cant login with it, i have deleted and added but no results ;(