Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Cannot create accounts! [moved]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ziji, Jul 29, 2005.

1. Ziji

Ziji Registered

Cannot create accounts!

hi!

i have password proctected in one directory and wanna create a account where my member can access it.. but unfortunately i cant, it does say that it successfully has added a new account but when i click" Go Back" the account name isnt visible... i have tried many time with different names and password but still no results!

please need help!

thx in advance

2. nickb

nickb Well-Known Member

Try doing it manually from shell...create a .htaccess in the required directory with valid entries in it..then use htpasswd to generate passwords.....I know it is not a solution...first do it and then try doing it from cpanel.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Ziji

Ziji Registered

how do i exactly create htaccess?

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

You can upload a .htaccess file via FTP. You need to ask such questions of your web hosting provider since support is what you pay them for.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Ziji

Ziji Registered

the problem is not lay in missing of htaccess i think i got an bug :S

it some time shows that i have modified a user but its empty even though i added a account, and sometimes i choosse different names and i could login succefully with the account that i created but what the heck is wrong withmy account, i cant create some specific names :S

and i cannot login now, it does says that i have added a account but i still cant login with it, i have deleted and added but no results ;(