The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot "Delete" Forwarder

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chidera, Mar 1, 2004.

1. chidera

chidera Member

Hi,

I have an odd problem. I have a client who has an AOL account. They wanted something that SHOULD have been very simple. Set up an account on their domain (hosted by me) and have all email sent to that account forwarded to their AOL address.

No problem, right? Wrong.

The account was set up fine, but no email was forwarded. It turns out that it may have been a problem with reverse DNS lookup setup. So, that was (supposedly) fixed. Before and while this was going on, several test forwarders were set up, including one to a test Hotmail account. The forward to the Hotmail account worked, but went to the junk email folder.

Anyway, everything with the reverse DNS lookup is supposed to have been fixed by our provider. And in CPanel, I have only one forwarder set up for the specific email account. It's set to go to the AOL address the client specified.

However, when I send an email, it's forwarded to the Hotmail account we used a week or so ago....?!?! What's the deal?

I have checked /etc/valiases/problemdomain.com. Based on what I've read, it's set up properly. There are only two accounts with one forwarder each....for a total of two forwarders. NONE of them have anything to do with Hotmail.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

2. chidera

chidera Member

Nevermind....It looks like there was ALSO a filter set up that was never cleared.

Sorry. ;-)