The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot edit Settings on Existing packages

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by earthrat, Sep 29, 2015.

1. earthrat

earthrat Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I found a really old forum post that talks about this issue with a reply saying it was fixed. Sorry to disappoint but it has not been fixed.

https://forums.cpanel.net/threads/p...ed-ip-in-package-manager-in-whm-11-34.302471/

When I click to edit a package I should be able to edit all the parameters. I have a basic package I created and I would never set it with an option for a dedicated IP. However that is what is setup for it and unfortunately the option to uncheck this is greyed out and I have no control. Seems odd that it would be part of the option to edit with no control to edit.

So if I have an existing package and do not wish when an account is created with it to find and use a the first free IP it finds, how do I set it so it goes into the shared IP pool where it used to go before cPanel was updated?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  3. earthrat

earthrat Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Yes, I am logged in as Root. I was logged in as Root when I created the packages too.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

It's by design the "Dedicated IP" attribute can only be modified when creating the package, and is not an attribute you can edit at a later time. The workaround to this is to create a new package with the value you prefer, and then update your accounts to that new package via:

"WHM Home » Multi Account Functions » Modify/Upgrade Multiple Accounts"

Thank you.