Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot edit TXT records in 68 Zone Editor?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mvandemar, Jan 5, 2018.

Tags:
  1. mvandemar

mvandemar Well-Known Member

I feel like I must be missing something, but for some reason I can only add or edit A, CNAME, and MX records in the new Zone Editor. It clearly states that you should be able to edit TXT records in the documentation:

Zone Editor - Version 68 Documentation - cPanel Documentation

(unrelated note, there is a chunk in there that just says "Note: $body" that should probably be fixed, maybe my answer is in there?).

I had to enable the old Advanced Zone Editor, which is being deprecated, in order to add an ip to an SPF record. Am I correct in thinking this shouldn't be necessary? I am on 68.0.21.

-Michael

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

The removal of the "Simple Zone Editor" and "Advanced Zone Editor" options in the cPanel UI is tentatively planned for cPanel version 72. This is documented at:

cPanel Deprecation Plan - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

It's not possible to remove the "Advanced Zone Editor" feature in "WHM >> Feature Manager" without also disabling the advanced zone editing privileges (e.g. for viewing/editing TXT records) from the "Zone Editor" option until such time.

Thank you.

3. mvandemar

mvandemar Well-Known Member

@cPanelMichael Thank you, that makes sense. Should the docs reflect that? Or is that actually what is missing in that $body section?

-Michael

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Can you verify where you see "Note: $body" on the page? Does it appear if you clear your browser cache and refresh? I'm unable to find a reference to it when viewing the document.

Thank you.