Cannot manage FTP accounts

conserje

Registered
Aug 25, 2006
I have two servers both running WHM 11.1.0 cPanel 11.4.18-R14125.

I have noticed that when going to manage FTP accounts in cPanel, any added accounts can no longer be deleted. Every account listed shows as "Main Account" with no option to delete. I even added a new one on the spot and it does not have an option to delete either. Has anyone else seen this? Both servers are doing it.

Also, the list of users contains several "ftp", "anonymous", and "*_logs" users (where * is the username of the cpanel account). It seems to be listing them for each ftp user. For example, one account is owned by the user "wizards". It has a total of 5 "anonymous" ftp accounts listed, 6 "ftp" accounts, and 6 "wizards_logs" accounts, in addition to the user accounts, such as the owner "wizards" account and the accounts I have added.

How can I remove added ftp accounts now? Is this a known issue?

cPanelNick

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 9, 2015
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
I have two servers both running WHM 11.1.0 cPanel 11.4.18-R14125.

I have noticed that when going to manage FTP accounts in cPanel, any added accounts can no longer be deleted. Every account listed shows as "Main Account" with no option to delete. I even added a new one on the spot and it does not have an option to delete either. Has anyone else seen this? Both servers are doing it.

Also, the list of users contains several "ftp", "anonymous", and "*_logs" users (where * is the username of the cpanel account). It seems to be listing them for each ftp user. For example, one account is owned by the user "wizards". It has a total of 5 "anonymous" ftp accounts listed, 6 "ftp" accounts, and 6 "wizards_logs" accounts, in addition to the user accounts, such as the owner "wizards" account and the accounts I have added.

How can I remove added ftp accounts now? Is this a known issue?
Looks like this is a bug in last nights build. Its solved in 14154+ (will be updated in a few hours)

conserje

Registered
Aug 25, 2006
Didn't help. The added users still do not show an option to delete them in cPanel and the multiple "ftp", "anonymous", "*_logs" accounts are still there.

Results of the run commands for reference (run as root):

# touch /etc/proftpd/*
# /usr/local/cpanel/bin/ftpupdate
Updating ftp passwords for all users
Ftp password files updated.
Ftp vhost passwords synced

EDIT: Noticed you changed your response. I'll keep an eye out for an update then. Thanks!