The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot proceed because system tables used by Event Scheduler were found damaged

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by azn_romeo_4u, Apr 25, 2016.

Tags:
  1. azn_romeo_4u

azn_romeo_4u Active Member

I am trying to transfer the mysql databases from one server that has maria db to another server that has mysql. When I use the whm transfer tool, I get that error.

mysqldump: Couldn't execute 'show events': Cannot proceed because system tables used by Event Scheduler were found damaged at server start

I did some google searches, but wanted to hear what the experts on whm say first. The database seem to be working 100% fine on the live websites.

2. Ameya Barwe

Ameya Barwe Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Have you tried repairing database on the old server?

3. azn_romeo_4u

Yes, I did repairs and optimize. Everything was good. Other than a few messages saying, storage engine doesn't support repair. Hmmm...base on what I read, I don't think mysql_upgrade was properly done when the server was updated to mariadb. I will try to do a mysql dump of everything and ftp to my new server. Then drop all the data into the new server to see what's up.

Edit. Running into so many problems. LOL. Ready to give up.

#3 azn_romeo_4u, Apr 25, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
  4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

This suggests an issue with the database on the source server. I suggest using the "mysqldump" utility to backup the database and ensure it completes successfully before attempting to transfer the database to the destination server.

Thank you.

5. azn_romeo_4u

I just did a mysql dump of one of the files. It dump perfectly. Did a few that failed, and same thing. No errors when dumping. If one server has a different version of mysql or mariadb, it won't dump properly?

6. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

You typically backup the database with the "mysqldump" utility on the server where the database is hosted. Could you elaborate on which particular step is not working at this point?

Thank you.

7. azn_romeo_4u

I am trying to do a cpanel account transfer through whm. But failing at mysql dump on 90% of the accounts.

Couldn't execute 'show events': Cannot proceed because system tables used by Event Scheduler were found damaged at server start (1577)
    Failed to dump database: The subprocess reported error number 2 when it ended.

When I run mysqldump on source server, it works. Doesn't display any errors. The databases, are on a remote server, running mariadb.

8. azn_romeo_4u

Well...I think I finally succeeded. After backing all the databases.

mysqldump --all-databases > all_databases.sql

Then I ran

mysql_upgrade -u root -h localhost -p --verbose --force

Then I rebooted server

/sbin/reboot

Then I did the account transfer. Everything seemed to have work. Only downside was that, I had already manually restore all the database, and cpanel instead of overwriting them databases, it added the same ones in and renamed them. Did the same for the users as well.

9. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

The following document explains how to use the database map utility to control which database and database usernames are owned by the accounts:

Database Map Tool - Documentation - cPanel Documentation

You may find this tool helpful when attempting to manage the duplicate databases. Generally, it's advised to copy over the accounts and databases at the same time, or to skip the database transfer if you have already uploaded the databases manually. The "Copy Databases" option is documented at:

Transfer Tool - Documentation - cPanel Documentation

Thank you.