The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot receive mail from specific IP address

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by davidelliott294, Jul 25, 2011.

1. davidelliott294

davidelliott294 Registered

Hi,

I've been looking for a few days(not continuously) to resolve the issue that i am having with mail on my cPanel server. The problem is, i cannot receive mail from this specific IP as it is being blocked. I've tried allowing the IP through CSF firewall but that never worked. I've not tried anything else as there was no explanation.

I looked at the exim log and i found the error:

2011-07-24 21:24:51 H=wjserver.wjunction.com (lulz.wjunction.com) [188.165.196.35] Warning: Sender rate 0.0 / 1h
    2011-07-24 21:24:51 H=wjserver.wjunction.com (lulz.wjunction.com) [188.165.196.35] sender verify fail for <lighty@lulz.wjunction.com>: The mail server could not deliver mail to$
    2011-07-24 21:24:51 H=wjserver.wjunction.com (lulz.wjunction.com) [188.165.196.35] F=<lighty@lulz.wjunction.com> rejected RCPT <my email>: Sender verify failed

Is there a way i can override this error to receive the email?

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    That email account doesn't function:

This doesn't appear to be due to the IP but the email account itself. Do you control the lighty@lulz.wjunction.com email account? lulz.wjunction.com doesn't appear to have a working A record on dig:

Code:
    root@host [~]# dig +short lulz.wjunction.com
    root@host [~]#
    If this was the actual email account name, that is why it isn't working.