Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Cannot 'reserve' an IP / Setting NS's

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RavenStar, Mar 15, 2008.

1. RavenStar

RavenStar Member

Hey all.
    Just recently got my first dedicated server and I've been growing through it, setting it up ready to transfer all my accounts over from my previous VPS, I hope I'm posting this in the correct forum.:confused: I'm using WHM 11.15.0.

Anyone, I have 12 IP addresses, but only added about 5 to the system so far (via Add a New IP Address).

The starting IP is .146, which I cannot seem to 'reserve' as it isn't listed in the "Show/Edit Reserved IPs", whereas I can reserve any other IP.

In "Basic cPanel/WHM Setup" I have the shared IP set to .148 and both nameservers set to .146 and .147.

Why can I not reserve x.x.x.146?

Also, another quick question; to setup the nameservers do I just add ns1.mydomain.com (and ns2 obviously) in Basic cPanel/WHM Setup and click Assign IP and Add an A entry for this nameserver for each of them?

Thanks a lot in advanced!

2. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    If you attempt to re-add the .146 IP Address via the Add IP Address function, does WHM proerply return an error stating the IP Address already exists?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...