Cannot run FCGI (invalid configuration) - Bug???

DReade83

Oct 20, 2006
Cheshire, UK
The configuration you selected is invalid or not possible. Please go back and try again.

Invalid combination. fcgi cannot be used with php5 because support for it was not compiled in. Please rebuild apache if you require this configuration.
This is what WHM says when I select "fcgi" from the drop-down under "PHP and suEXEC Configuration". I've built Apache with FastCGI and selected the fcgid support for PHP too.

Why won't it work??

MikeDVB

PartnerNOC
Jun 4, 2008
Indiana, USA
This is what WHM says when I select "fcgi" from the drop-down under "PHP and suEXEC Configuration". I've built Apache with FastCGI and selected the fcgid support for PHP too.

Why won't it work??
I know this thread is very old but I ran across this same issue and found this via Google search so my post may help somebody else in the future.

Go back trough EasyApache and make sure to go to the Exhaustive list of options and check fcgi support under PHP as well as at the top for Apache and then rebuild it and this will resolve the issue.

mysterym

Registered
Nov 3, 2011
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
it's dumb but you cannot have fastcgi php working unless you compile php as a dso ;)
which doesn't make sense since I was trying to compile only the stuff I need and php dso I do not need

so, for it to work, you need to compile also php as a dso and then enable fastcgi ;)
took me some time to figure this out

usually I completelly disable php, enable fastcgi and just use php via fastcgi
or perl
or whatever