Cannot run upapi or cpapi2 commands as reseller

BlueSteam

Feb 21, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
Hello,

Every time I run any command from the shell command line as a reseller I get the following error:

[2016-05-12 10:35:43 +0200] die [apitool] setuids failed: Attempting to setuid as a normal user with RUID 826 at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/AccessIds/SetUids.pm line 23.
Cpanel::AccessIds::SetUids::setuids("blustm") called at bin/apitool.pl line 63
bin::apitool::run("--user=blustm", "Resellers", "list_accounts") called at bin/apitool.pl line 23
die [apitool] setuids failed: Attempting to setuid as a normal user with RUID 826
exit level [die] [pid=25193] (setuids failed: Attempting to setuid as a normal user with RUID 826)
I'm not sure what is wrong or what I am doing wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Brett

TerranceR

Jul 9, 2015
Houston, TX
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

These commands are only meant to be ran as root. If you need to use the API as a reseller, you will need to generate a accesskey and call it manually.

Edit to better clarify:

You can run cpapi2/uapi2 as a user however, you can only specify --user= as root.

Last edited:
Reactions: FCTW

BlueSteam

Feb 21, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
Thanks Terrance. I appreciate the reply. I thought i read somewhere that the api was able t be run by root and resellers. but if this is the way then I'll do that. :)

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

Could you let us know the specific command you are using?

Thank you.