The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot see some sites on the www

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xerive, Jan 10, 2007.

1. xerive

xerive Member

Hi,

I hope someone can help with this as my support are rubbish!

This is the problem.

I have around 80 accounts on a dedicated server. I can always access these accounts via cpanel or whm. However, sometimes I cannot access these websites via the world wide web?

For example if I put address site1.co.uk into firefox it will bring it up fine. If I put site2.co.uk into firefox it will also be fine. Then at some point over the course of the day site2.co.uk will just dissapear from the www. I can also not get mail access from it either (this is how I find out its not on)

Does anyone have any ideas whatsoever why I cannot see some of my accounts on the same server but I can see others? Just to clarify when site2.co.uk disappears I can still see site1.co.uk

2. xerive

xerive Member

when i try to access the sites from the www I get the

"server not found"

3. HelloAdam

HelloAdam Well-Known Member

Hey,

Make sure you add an A entry for www. in the DNS records for the domain

From,
    Adam

4. erothchild

erothchild Registered

Same Problem

Same problem here, it is not the "A entry" because the other sites are working fine. This is really confusing to me... Why would only a few sites be out while the other 80% are fine?

5. erothchild

erothchild Registered

IP Address

Update to problem,

I just noticed that only the sites with dedicated IP addresses are down, wldwstdomains are being jerks about letting me use the IP addresses unless I get SSL certs, I bought a ton of them last night and their cert system is so bad that every time it threw up an error I got deducted a credit for using one cert.

I was asked to submit yet another support ticket to get me off the phone and now I wait.

I am not sure but I think they pulled the IP addresses from me.

I'll post the solution as soon as I get it resolved just in case someone else has an issue like this.