The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot send email to hotmail

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Moshiken, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Moshiken

Moshiken Registered

Mar 9, 2016
    cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I just set up my cpanel email and connected it with gmail to send/receive from there.
    It works perfect for gmail addresses but it can only receive emails from hotmail addresses.
    When I try to send to a hotmail address (tried more than one) it just disappear or I get an error #76989 (gmail). I have tried sending emails directly from cpanel email (horde) but that one also disappears, no error message and it is not in the spam folder. So I think this problem is due to cpanel and not gmail.
    I'm hosting my website at godaddy, I'm not sure about my SPF records, I do not have the "spf authentication" icon so I do not know what status they are or what details to fill in to set them up. Can anybody help?
    Thanks in advance!!!
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

Apr 11, 2011
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Do you have root access to this system, or is this a hosting account purchased from a web hosting provider? I suggest contacting your hosting provider for assistance if you do not have root access so they can review /var/log/exim_mainlog and determine if the message was sent out.

Thank you.