Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cannot send email

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by samerhost, Nov 28, 2016.

1. samerhost

samerhost Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    hi,
    after whm update, can not sending email from any domain using roundcube, squirralmail and horde, I get authentication faild error, after some search I changed the file
    /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/roundcube/config/main.inc.php
    as following
    /////$rcmail_config['smtp_user'] = '%u';
    $rcmail_config['smtp_user'] = '';
    now I get a new error message at roundcube:
    SMTP Error (451): Failed to add recipient "*****@gmail.com" (Temporary local problem - please try later).

this is the log of exim /var/log/exim/main.log:

2016-11-28 09:55:04 remote host address is the local host: mydomain.com (while verifying <info@mydomain.com> from host localhost (****) [127.0.0.1])
    2016-11-28 09:55:04 H=localhost (****) [127.0.0.1] sender verify defer for <info@mydomain.com>: remote host address is the local host
    2016-11-28 09:55:04 H=localhost (****) [127.0.0.1] F=<info@mydomain.com> temporarily rejected RCPT <****@gmail.com>: Could not complete sender verify

thanks

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I suggest reverting the custom change you made to the Roundcube configuration.

Check to see if the domain name exists in the /etc/remotedomains file. If so, and if email is hosted locally, browse to "WHM >> Edit DNS Zone" and ensure "Local Mail Exchanger" is selected under the "Email Routing" section.

Thank you.