The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot Send or Receive Email

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Edelson Llamada, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Edelson Llamada

Edelson Llamada Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Before cpanel, we were using outlook.com as our email server but with a custom name (@[Removed]), Now that outlook has migrated to Office 365, we can still access our emails with (@[Removed]) using live.com or outlook.com as our email client.

Now we have migrated to cpanel and I am creating a new email account to one of our new employee in cpanel which is peter@[Removed]. But some of our old employees use the old email client (outlook.com). As we are trying to communicate with [Removed], we receive an unusual error that says:

- Removed -

the same with peter who sends us email through one of the three email clients provided by cpanel (Roundcube) gets an error that says:

- Removed -

I have no idea what to do and I have tried every single google trick out there. I'd appreciate any help I can get.

PS: The [Removed] in cpanel can receive and send email to (@gmail.com) and (@yahoo.com)

So fat that's the only domains we've tested and turns out okay.

#1 Edelson Llamada, Apr 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2015
  2. danrussell

danrussell Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :),

Looks like the MX records of your domain [Removed] are still pointing to Hotmail. And you might have removed it from Hotmail (outlook.com) account. Due to which the email address peter@[Removed] isn't traceable anymore. If you have completely pointed the domain [Removed] to your cPanel, then update the MX records pointing to your server as below:

[Removed]. 14400 IN A <your server IP>
    mail 14400 IN CNAME [Removed].

And make sure to have the email address peter@[Removed] is already created in the cPanel.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Yes, as mentioned, ensure your MX records are pointed to hosts that resolve to the cPanel server and "Local Mail Exchanger" is selected under "Edit a DNS Zone" in WHM.

Thank you.

4. Edelson Llamada

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thank you for the awesome replies. It works wonderfully, however one problem solved made another one arises. The email server which we access our emails through outlook.com can no longer receive any email but can send. My boss, uhh...she wants to use the outlook web email than using the cpanel webmail.

Is it possible to for us to use both webmails to receive and send emails? I'm talking about accessing emails through a browser (Outlook.com and Roundcube?)

Any help is appreciated.

5. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Do you receive a specific error message when receiving emails? Is it configured for IMAP?

Thank you.

6. Edelson Llamada

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    No error message. The received message automatically goes to the roundcube webmail but my boss she doesn't want to use Roundcube, she intends to stay with outlook.com.

7. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator