The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot send or receive mail; frozen in queue

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by TapanB, Mar 12, 2013.

1. TapanB

TapanB Active Member

Hi,

I have a dedicated server with cpanel and all was fine till today morning. I suddenly started getting complaints from clients that thy are able to send / receive emails.

Upon checking I found this correct, server is accepting emails from both senders / receivers and its not giving them any error either but it is freezing all the email messages.

When I force run the queue I get this:

Code:
    ---
    LOG: MAIN
    cwd=/usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot 5 args: exim -C /etc/exim_outgoing.conf -v -qff
    LOG: queue_run MAIN
    Start queue run: pid=4910 -qff
    delivering 1UFMko-00028l-QF (queue run pid 4910)
    LOG: MAIN PANIC
    failed to expand condition "${perl{check_mail_permissions}}" for check_mail_permissions router: Undefined subroutine &main::check_mail_permissions called.

failed to expand condition "${perl{enforce_mail_permissions}}" for enforce_mail_permissions router: Undefined subroutine &main::enforce_mail_permissions called.

failed to expand condition "${perl{increment_max_emails_per_hour_if_needed}}" for increment_max_emails_per_hour_if_needed router: Undefined subroutine &main::increment_max_emails_per_hour_if_needed called.

== [email]clonedatabase@hotmail.com[/email] R=dkim_lookuphost defer (-1): dkim_lookuphost router failed to expand "${perl{mailtrapheaders}}": Undefined subroutine &main::mailtrapheaders called.\n
    delivering 1UFMkp-00029D-8a (queue run pid 4910)
    failed to expand condition "${perl{check_mail_permissions}}" for check_mail_permissions router: Undefined subroutine &main::check_mail_permissions called.

failed to expand condition "${perl{enforce_mail_permissions}}" for enforce_mail_permissions router: Undefined subroutine &main::enforce_mail_permissions called.

failed to expand condition "${perl{increment_max_emails_per_hour_if_needed}}" for increment_max_emails_per_hour_if_needed router: Undefined subroutine &main::increment_max_emails_per_hour_if_needed called.

== [email]john@blackdogmusic.co.uk.test-google-a.com[/email] R=dkim_lookuphost defer (-1): dkim_lookuphost router failed to expand "${perl{mailtrapheaders}}": Undefined subroutine &main::mailtrapheaders called.\n
    delivering 1UFPDZ-0005mm-Cx (queue run pid 4910)

== [email]rsunset45@aol.com[/email] R=dkim_lookuphost defer (-1): dkim_lookuphost router failed to expand "${perl{mailtrapheaders}}": Undefined subroutine &main::mailtrapheaders called.\n

== [email]gegunlund@aol.com[/email] R=dkim_lookuphost defer (-1): dkim_lookuphost router failed to expand "${perl{mailtrapheaders}}": Undefined subroutine &main::mailtrapheaders called.\n

== [email]iannj@aol.com[/email] R=dkim_lookuphost defer (-1): dkim_lookuphost router failed to expand "${perl{mailtrapheaders}}": Undefined subroutine &main::mailtrapheaders called.\n

== [email]stephunouno@aol.com[/email] R=dkim_lookuphost defer (-1): dkim_lookuphost router failed to expand "${perl{mailtrapheaders}}": Undefined subroutine &main::mailtrapheaders called.\n

== [email]iransosa@aol.com[/email] R=dkim_lookuphost defer (-1): dkim_lookuphost router failed to expand "${perl{mailtrapheaders}}": Undefined subroutine &main::mailtrapheaders called.\n

---
    What is the issue ? How do I fix it ? I tried resetting the exim configuration etc. but to no avail.

Please help me fix it.

Thanks.

2. cPanelNick

cPanelNick Administrator
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    You can rebuild the exim configure with /scripts/buildeximconf

You should also open a ticket using the link in my signature so our techs can determine how your exim.pl.local file became corrupted in order to prevent it from happening again.

3. ov4all

ov4all Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi Tapan B,

Can you share your views regarding the clonedatabase@hotmail.com id ? Do you have any information about this ? Please share.

Thanks in advance.

4. juba

juba Active Member

When I use the:

/scripts/buildeximconf

Script it tells me exim.pl not found, how do I fix this? Thanks.

Juba

#4 juba, Mar 26, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  5. juba

juba Active Member

I have fixed the problem copying a exim.pl from another server I have and the good news it had the same version of WHM, now, the question is how do I protect myself from this not happening again? Thanks.

6. arunsv84

arunsv84 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Backup your exim.conf and run the following.

Cheers!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Normally this happens if someone has added a chattr flag to any of the exim configuration files, as this will cause exim updates to fail in middle of the update.

Cheers!!!

#6 arunsv84, Mar 26, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  7. juba

juba Active Member

Thanks will have this --force command in mind :D,