Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Cannot Send/Recieve emails from server

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by celliott, Jul 7, 2006.

1. celliott

celliott Well-Known Member

Im currently having huge problems on our server with sending out emails. No matter what host I send an email to, its always rejected.

Here is what happens when the message is delivered:
    Code:
    delivering 1FyoEM-0007EJ-8e
    Connecting to gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com [64.233.183.114]:25 ... failed: Connection refused
    LOG: MAIN
      gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com [64.233.183.114]: Connection refused
    Connecting to gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com [64.233.183.27]:25 ... failed: Connection refused
      gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com [64.233.183.27]: Connection refused
    Connecting to alt1.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com [72.14.215.114]:25 ... failed: Connection refused
      alt1.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com [72.14.215.114]: Connection refused
    Connecting to alt1.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com [72.14.215.27]:25 ... failed: Connection refused
      alt1.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com [72.14.215.27]: Connection refused
    Connecting to alt2.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com [64.233.163.114]:25 ... failed: Connection refused
      alt2.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com [64.233.163.114]: Connection refused
      == froggey@gmail.com R=lookuphost T=remote_smtp defer (111): Connection refused
    I have already tried forcing a reinstall of exim with /scripts/eximup --force and that has not made any difference. I have been able to send and recieve emails fine up until yesterday, when I noticed the mail queue was huge from emails not being sent out from our server.

Any advice is greatly appreciated,

Thanks

2. celliott

celliott Well-Known Member

Fixed.

I cleared the deny list in Chirp's firewall and now all is good. Seems like it blocked the IP's of some email hosts. Bit strange,