The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot Sendmail to my own domain

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by lewismediaderek, Aug 23, 2007.

1. lewismediaderek

lewismediaderek Registered

I'm using a PHP script to try to send some email out: it works as normal in every case except for one hosting package.
    In this package, I cannot receive any mail that is sent to the originating domain. Sending mail to/from any other domain works just fine.

If I try the following:
    mail ('test@domain1.com', 'Test Message', 'Test Body', 'From: Testing<test@domain1.com>');
    with the script resident on domain1, the message does not get delivered and I do not get any bounces/notifications.

All of the following work perfectly, though (where domain1 and domain2 are on the same server, but different hosting packages):
    mail ('test@domain2.com', 'Test Message', 'Test Body', 'From: Testing<test@domain1.com>'); [script on domain1]
    mail ('test@domain1.com', 'Test Message', 'Test Body', 'From: Testing<test@domain2.com>'); [script on domain2]
    mail ('test@domain2.com', 'Test Message', 'Test Body', 'From: Testing<test@domain2.com>'); [script on domain2]

Does anyone have an idea of where I can look for anything that might be causing this?
    Thanks for your help!

2. jandafields

jandafields Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Look at the server mail logs, it will tell you what happened to them.