The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot SSH or Connect via WHM to remote server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by furquan, May 20, 2011.

1. furquan

furquan Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2002
    Hello all..

I am trying to migrate a physical server to a VPS. I had configured ssh "public_key" on the physical server so that i am not asked password while doing the rsync. But i messed things up and i had to terminate all the accounts on the VPS as there were some issues and in the mean while i also had run my rsync script.

But now after deleting all my accounts from the VPS when i try to connect again to the physical server it fails :(

I get this error in WHM :-on the VPS

But the password for the physical server is correct :(

I also made sure i have deleted the ssh keys i had created on the physical server under /root/.ssh/ , in fact i have deleted all the entries under this folder but no luck.

I am not being able to connect to my Physical server from the VPS...Any recommendations as to where all do i need to look further ?

Thank you
    #1 furquan, May 20, 2011
    Last edited: May 20, 2011
  2. SS-Maddy

SS-Maddy Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You get the error while logging to WHM in VPS or doing any action ? What does a ssh -vvv command give when ssh from vps to physical server ?