The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cant access phpmyadmin

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by jennyk, Oct 31, 2010.

1. jennyk

jennyk Registered

when i log into cpanel and click on the phpmyadmin button i go to the login screen any ideas?

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Are you logged in as the user who owns that account, or the root user for the server or reseller?

3. jennyk

jennyk Registered

user that owns the account

4. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    What login screen precisely? The PhpMyAdmin login screen and it provides some type of error? Please provide a screen print if possible of what it is sending you to for the login.

Please note that if you have recently changed your cPanel password and previously set up any /home/username/.my.cnf file that hard coded the MySQL username and password, you'll end up unable to authenticate to PhpMyAdmin any longer at that point, since it will grab the .my.cnf login details rather than the ones you are already logged into cPanel using. The only way to resolve if that's what is happening would be to move /home/username/.my.cnf to /home/username/.my.cnf.bak and then you should be able to properly log into PhpMyAdmin.

5. ippiko

ippiko Member

Hi, i am facing the same issue here.

I am logged in to cpanel as user, but when i cleick to phpmyadmin button i get the phpmyadmin login page, whitout any error.

6. nathon999

nathon999 Registered

Unofficial fix, be sure you leave the mysql password box checked when you change the password.

login to cpanel > click change pass > add a new password > logout of cpanel > log back in > and phpmyadmin works

Cpanel, is there a sync password script for mysql? Sort of like the /scripts/ftpupdate one?

Also, /scripts/chpass does not update the mysql password either so this will break phpmyadmin now

#6 nathon999, Nov 18, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2010
  7. JawadArshad

JawadArshad Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Changing password resolved this for me as well but it did not work initially even with MySQL password change checked. I initially guessed it was my browser caching the log in page but even our client could reproduce this on different browsers. I opened a ticket with cPanel but they were unable to reproduce this. Ref Ticket #1011226 (contains screenshots for any staff interested in checking).