The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't access pro. or web.cpanel.net from server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blue|Fusion, Nov 16, 2004.

1. Blue|Fusion

Blue|Fusion Well-Known Member

Ever since I upgraded to 9.9.8-STABLE-6 a few weeks back, WHM never worked quite right when loading the make page where it called web.cpanel.net. I figured maybe its just being worked on or something. Even thought that a few weeks later.

What really gets me is I can access it from my own PC at home, just fine, all the cpanel sites. The main problem is when I tried to install cPanel Pro, it can't connect to pro.cpanel.net to download it. Here is all I get:
    It stays like that until I stop it. I have been trying for 2 hours now every 10-15 minutes. It's really frustrating me here. Is there a problem with my server? Is there a problem at cpanel.net's side? I checked and there is no problem with my server host (The Planet) as it works fine for other customers.

I tried pinging cpanel.net and all I get is "Operation not permitted", however if I do it from home, I get it just fine (and yes, I can ping other IPs/domains from server.

Any ideas?

2. Blue|Fusion

Blue|Fusion Well-Known Member

I just downloaded it to my PC, uploaded via FTP, and extracted and ran install on server. I didn't think file would be that small. Nonetheless, its still not working.

It's stopping at
    Well i guess thats normal as it seems to be installed. I'm still holding my breath though.

I am still at a loss for the accessing the cpanel sites though.

#2 Blue|Fusion, Nov 16, 2004
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2004