The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't access websites

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dale S, Oct 3, 2007.

1. Dale S

Dale S Member

I thought I had seen a thread discussing this before but now I can't find it so please forgive me if I'm repeating something.

We just set up a new server and set it to use ns3.ourdomain.net and ns4.ourdomain.net. We already have a server using ns1 and ns2. We can access the default page using http://ns3.ourdomain.net or http://ns4.ourdomain.net. We can also access it using the IP addresses.

We then set up two accounts on the server. We can't access those accounts. We can if we enter the IP address followed by ~accountname but we can't access it any other way.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

2. pacificw

pacificw Well-Known Member

check your named.conf file, checking the internal view. I had the same issue just the other day. took me 3 days and still couldn't find the issue. then again, when you're dead tired, looking for an error isn't the best thing to do :P anyhow, someone here was a Godsend and fixed it for me..

3. Dale S

Dale S Member

We have been looking at the named.conf file. It appears everything we need is there but we are probably missing something. What, spicifically, showld we be looking for. You mentioned somebody had helped you. It there a thread I can look at. I haven't found one.

4. jayh38

jayh38 Well-Known Member

If you still have trouble, post the top part of your named.conf.

5. Voltar

Voltar Well-Known Member

It does sound like a bind issue. Have you ran a DNSReport query on your newly setup domains? You may have lame nameservers, which THIS topic should help fix if it's the case.

If that doesn't help, what OS?