The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't access WHM/Cpanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Greyscout, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Greyscout

Greyscout Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I've been trying to change settings to become pci compliant and managed to lose access to log in to WHM and cpanel and I'm not sure what I did. I'm running a Linux VPS, Nginx Admin, Mariadb, WHM/Cpanel. My host is recommending a WHM/cpanel fresh reinstall but I'll lose my settings. When I run
    Code:
    /scripts/upcp -force 
    I get this on the update log.....is there any way to fix this besides a fresh install?

Code:

Stopping cPanel ssl services:  Waiting for (?^:^(?:stunnel$|stunnel-[0-9\.]+local)) to shutdown ... not running.
                                                               [  OK  ]
    [9064] Can't locate Cpanel.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/cpanel /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/514/lib/perl5/cpanel_lib/i386-linux-64int /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/514/lib/perl5/cpanel_lib /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/514/lib/perl5/5.14.4/i386-linux-64int /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/514/lib/perl5/5.14.4 /opt/cpanel/perl5/514/site_lib/i386-linux-64int /opt/cpanel/perl5/514/site_lib .) at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/MagicRevision.pm line 12.
    [20150227.154332]      [9064] BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/MagicRevision.pm line 12.
    [20150227.154332]      [9064] Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Template.pm line 48.
    [20150227.154332]      [9064] BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Template.pm line 48.
    [20150227.154332]      [9064] Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/check_valid_server_hostname line 13.
    [20150227.154332]      [9064] BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/check_valid_server_hostname line 13.

2. Greyscout

Greyscout Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I just got this after a forced rei-nstall, fwiw....

3. Greyscout

Greyscout Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I submitted a ticket and they found this....."It ended up being the case that you must have come across something describing one of our workarounds for the recent POODLE SSLv3 vulnerability, as I was able to resolve your issue by moving aside the file used by our temporary workaround to disable SSLv3 in versions where we did not already disable this or allow the administrator to control this, namely the file /var/cpanel/conf/cpsrvd/ssl_socket_args. In any up-to-date and supported version of cPanel, this workaround is not necessary and has in fact been known to cause issues like the one we saw here.

Having moved /var/cpanel/conf/cpsrvd/ssl_socket_args aside, cPanel now starts normally."

Thanks again to the Cpanel Tech Analysts for solving this one!!

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator