Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cant Add addon domain without delete email accounts

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by Emrah Ozdemir, Nov 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Emrah Ozdemir

Emrah Ozdemir Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I am having a problem. There are alot of similar topics in forum but none of them exactly same as mine;
    I created a dns zone "example.com", created email accounts and moved my clients emails to my server (via outlook pst's). All email accounts are worked without anyproblem. Webmail is also working.
    Then I wanted to publish simple html file with that domain , example.com.
    To do that, i tried to add addon domain (i think i should do it before dns zone but its too late :( ). But it says dns zone already exist.
    I deleted the dns zone (i thought it will only delete the dns zone record) but it deleted all accounts and emails too.
    I restored them from backup.
    Now i just want to publish a simple html page with that domain. What is the simpliest way to do it.
    Clients directory structure :
    home\clientsusername\public_html > the main domain for clients account (say it domain.com) and works fine.
    home\clientsusername\example.com\ >which i tried to put index.htm, php files in it , but nothing happened. It redirects example.com/cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi and says :

SORRY!
    If you are the owner of this website, please contact your hosting provider:

I need some help and it would be great. Thanks alot.

#1 Emrah Ozdemir, Nov 24, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2016
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

You were actually on the correct path. Remove the DNS zone, and then simply add the domain name as an Addon Domain Name. The email accounts should then reappear in the interface.

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks!