The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't add cron jobs since 11.28.86 update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MaraBlue, Mar 12, 2011.

1. MaraBlue

MaraBlue Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    The cron job interface (in cPanel) was previously working fine. After the last update I am unable to add a cron job within the cPanel interface. I've verified crontab is enabled, cron on the server are working fine, I can edit and delete via the interface...just not *add* a new cron job.

I think it's a bug in the GUI, as everything but the button work fine (you get the little green checkmark next to the cron command once it's added). Clicking the button, nothing happens. No error, just nothing. Both in Firefox and Chrome browsers.

I've filed a support request/bug report (1278825). It should be reproducible on v11.28.86

2. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    One thing to check, or verify, when encountering such errors is whether the account(s) in question are using the stock X3 theme. If the theme in use is a cloned version of X3 then it may not be compatible with changes in the underlying functionality.

3. MaraBlue

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Kenneth, once again you are exactly right. :) That's what it turned out to be. The cron input/interface/page had changed (there used to be a 'simple' and an 'advanced' option), and I was using a cloned version of x3, though the only change I'd made (a year ago, at that), was to add in my own logo.

So now I know this is possible...what *is* the right method for branding? Are cloned themes just to be used for testing purposes? Should I make changes directly to x3?

4. cPanelKenneth

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Cloned themes are when you want to extensively modify the theme beyond what the branding editor allows. Cloned themes require more maintenance by far than branding. Changing X3 directly is not recommended.

5. MaraBlue

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I think I got cPanel's concept of "theme" confused with branding/style. In the world outside of cPanel, changing a theme is OK (because the terminology of "theme" is used differently). :)

*nods* I don't think I'll be forgetting that one any time soon. Thanks for the reply and the info!

6. cPanelKenneth

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You aren't the only one :)