Can't add Email Forwarder

WKTCS

Feb 16, 2022
West Kelowna,BC
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hello,
When I try to add an email forwarder, I get the following error.
"... The system could not add the forwarder: (Warning: “[email protected]” does not refer to a valid local email account or alias. The system will not create a forwarder, because it already sends that email to the default address.)..."

As you can see in the attached pic, the email exists...

What am I missing?

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! I don't think the "invalid address" part of the error is what we need to focus on, but the second half of the error message is likely where you're running into issues:

"The system will not create a forwarder, because it already sends that email to the default address.)..."

Is there any forwarding or filtering in place that would be sending mail for that specific address to the default address on the account?

WKTCS

Feb 16, 2022
West Kelowna,BC
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hey there! I don't think the "invalid address" part of the error is what we need to focus on, but the second half of the error message is likely where you're running into issues:

"The system will not create a forwarder, because it already sends that email to the default address.)..."

Is there any forwarding or filtering in place that would be sending mail for that specific address to the default address on the account?
I can re examine my settings, I just created the account so I my have check a box erroneously.

WKTCS

Feb 16, 2022
West Kelowna,BC
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
I can't see any filters or forwarders that would be going to the default address. Like I said, the address is brand new, and this is the first this I attempted to setup on it.

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I tested this on my end and it looks like our developers have already fixed the issue in cPanel 102. The problem is with the capital "D" in your email address not being properly recognized.

Once your server updates to version 102, as you are likey on version 100 right now, this will be fixed. Since you don't have root access that update would be controlled by your host, but 102 hasn't moved up to the stable tiers just yet anyway. I'd expect that to happen sometime in March or April.

WKTCS

Feb 16, 2022
West Kelowna,BC
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
I tested this on my end and it looks like our developers have already fixed the issue in cPanel 102. The problem is with the capital "D" in your email address not being properly recognized.

Once your server updates to version 102, as you are likey on version 100 right now, this will be fixed. Since you don't have root access that update would be controlled by your host, but 102 hasn't moved up to the stable tiers just yet anyway. I'd expect that to happen sometime in March or April.
Winner!
Problem Fixed :)
just made the "D" into a "d". now it works.
Thanks.