The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't add mysql database - doesnt show

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jeroman8, Jan 31, 2005.

1. jeroman8

jeroman8 Well-Known Member

Now any account on the server can add mysql databases.
    When adding in cpanel it say: databasexxx added.
    But then when going back there's no database !?

I have upcp --force, restarted mysql, changed mysql root pass, rebooted server,
    run fixmysql, run mysqlupdate from scripts - nothing helps.

Anyone ?

2. jeroman8

jeroman8 Well-Known Member

Hu..no one else has/have had this problem ?

cPanel is looking in to though and I will post the fix here in case somone needs
    it in the future.

3. ret

ret Active Member

I am having the same issue it seems.

However when I attempt to restart mysql it hangs. Note the box runs more than one instant of the script. Are they clashing with eachother?

When I attempt to reset the root passwd through WHM it opens a few instants of the same set of scripts and changes the password over and over to random values. Seems they are conflectiong with eachother.

As a quick fix to get mysql backup I had to schg the .my.cnf file to pervent cpanel from changing what it thought the password should be. I then set it manualy in .my.cnf and the mysqld with skip-grant-tables so that they would sync. Next I took away mysql rights from chkservd.

Not receaving anything useful from err log, just starts and stops. "" in .my.cnf is not the issue. This is only affecting one server and I'm at a loss.

4. ret

ret Active Member

Hello,

I'm still having this issue. Currently I am unable to change mysql password through cpanel w/o it scrolling through a number of the same scripts always leading to an eventual timeout of the change password script ending with out of sync passwords and the like. After killing all rogue processes and getting mysql up by hand user are no longer able to create databases even though the .my.cnf and mysql passwords are in sysnc.

Does anyone have any insight on this issue as it has just occured on a second server. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

5. ret

ret Active Member

Hello,

/etc/rc.d/init.d/chkservd stop
    /etc/rc.d/init.d/mysql stop

When attempting a Reset Mysql password reset via cpanel

This occures for 10 plus mins during which time the passwords in /root/.my.cnf change ever min or so.

It seems as if the reset script is starting the mysql server w/o grant's to change the password before it changes it to what I provided one of the scripts starts to do the same thing. Is it possible that they are walking on eachother causeing this issue.

During all of this the .err log only shows normal starts and stops as the server continues on its crack binge.

Just to get mysql up and running again I'm required to kill all existing perl/mysqlstuff proccess and reset password by hand.
    mysqld_safe --skip-grant-tables -u root &
    mysqladmin -u root flush-privileges password mysqlpass

Similar issues occure while trying to restart mysql as well at this point.