Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Can't Add Subdomain

Discussion in 'Bind/DNS/Nameserver' started by LSielski, Nov 21, 2014.

1. LSielski

LSielski Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I recently went to setup a website on a VPS, everything is working fine except the fact that I can't add sub domains because I get the error.

"The system experienced a problem during the creation of the “cp” subdomain."

Does anyone know why this may be caused? Any help would be awesome!

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Could you let us know the output to /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log when this happens?

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Rakib Ahmed

Rakib Ahmed Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    "The system experienced a problem during the creation of the “test” subdomain."

this message show for only one domain in my server. and all other domain subdomain creation is ok.

How i solve this problem ?

4. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    There are several potential causes, but it's difficult to pinpoint any specific reason without additional details. Feel free to open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look. You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. 000

000 Well-Known Member

Thanks.
    I have IDENTIC problem and i am root.
    ¿how i can repair?

/usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log show:
    Code:
    [2015-02-23 21:00:56 -0500] warn [cpanel] Cpanel::Wrap::send_cpwrapd_request error: namespace=[Cpanel] module=[domain] function=[ADD]: set error in context subdomain: statusmsg=[The adminbin “domain†in the “Cpanel†namespace call to function “ADD†ended prematurely: The subprocess reported the “EPERM†(1) error when it ended.] at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Wrap.pm line 127
    	Cpanel::Wrap::send_cpwrapd_request('namespace', 'Cpanel', 'module', 'domain', 'function', 'ADD', 'data', 'subdomain domain 1 /home/internet/public_html/subdomain', 'action', 'run', 'env', HASH(0x4e883c8)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/AdminBin.pm line 105
    	Cpanel::AdminBin::adminrun('domain', 'ADD', 'subdomain', 'mydomain.com', 1, '/home/myuser/public_html/subdomain') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/SubDomain.pm line 314
    	Cpanel::SubDomain::_addsubdomain('subdomain', 'domain', 1, 0, 'public_html/subdomain/') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/SubDomain.pm line 183
    	Cpanel::SubDomain::addsubdomain('subdomain', 'domain', 1, 0, 'public_html/subdomain/') called at cpanel.pl line 3200
    	main::dosubdomain('addsubdomain', ARRAY(0x4df35b8)) called at cpanel.pl line 1984
    	eval {...} called at cpanel.pl line 1984
    	main::_api1(__CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, ARRAY(0x4df35b8), __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, undef, undef) called at cpanel.pl line 1662
    	main::real_exectag('<cpanel SubDomain="addsubdomain($RAW_FORM{\'domain\'},$RAW_FORM{\'rootdomain\'},1,0,$RAW_FORM{\'dir\'})">') called at cpanel.pl line 4276
    	main::dotag_finished_headers(0) called at cpanel.pl line 4096
    	main::cpanel_parseblock(__CPANEL_HIDDEN__) called at cpanel.pl line 4010
    	main::y(GLOB(0x4589e10)) called at cpanel.pl line 5379
    	main::run_standard_mode() called at cpanel.pl line 831
    [2015-02-23 21:00:56 -0500] warn [SubDomain::addsubdomain] Encountered error in SubDomain::addsubdomain: You do not have permission to create subdomains of the server’s hostname.

6. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You can browse to the "Domains" tab in "WHM Home » Server Configuration » Tweak Settings" and enable the following option:

"Allow users to park subdomains of the server’s hostname."

Thank you.

Andrevw and gmikeb like this.
  7. Richard Beckker

Richard Beckker Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider

8. Andrevw

Andrevw Registered

Thanks so much! Resolved my issue too!

Andre