Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Can't add user to database

Discussion in 'Database Discussion' started by dragos03, Dec 12, 2018.

1. dragos03

dragos03 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I have a really strange error on an older WHM server (version 11.50), did anyone else run into it?

I created a new database from cPanel, when I try to add a particular user to it, I get the message "You have successfully granted privileges on the database". However, the privileges are not granted.

If I try to add a different user, it works without any issues.

The error in the logs is:
    The user does have a password and it is correct. I tried restarting cPanel services, resetting the cPanel and MySQL passwords for that user as well as deleting and creating the database again with lo luck.

Any ideas?

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Only one, really, you should update that server's cPanel installation.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dragos03

dragos03 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    That would obviously help but it's an old CentOS 5 server that can't be upgraded. It will be replaced soon with a new machine running the latest CentOS and WHM versions, but I have to keep the current server running until then.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @dragos03,

cPanel & WHM version 56 is the last version to support CentOS 5. While it's unsupported and end-of-life, you may want to try upgrading from cPanel & WHM version 50 to cPanel & WHM version 56 to see if that helps. Alternatively, you could try modifying the cPanel account's password and checking to see if the issue persists.

If the above options don't help, you'll need to upgrade to a cPanel & WHM version that's supported.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...