The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't change domain account password

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OooLong, Jul 22, 2014.

1. OooLong

OooLong Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I tried to change an account password through Account Functions -> Password modification and I get this error

Code:
    Failed to write .my.cnf for nggo at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/MysqlUtils/MyCnf.pm line 66.
    	Cpanel::Carp::__ANON__(__CPANEL_HIDDEN__) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/MysqlUtils/MyCnf.pm line 66
    	Cpanel::MysqlUtils::MyCnf::update_mycnf('user', 'nggo', 'items', 'ARRAY(0x5c85df0)') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/ChangePasswd.pm line 120
    	Cpanel::ChangePasswd::change_password(__CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/Passwd.pm line 36
    	Whostmgr::Passwd::passwd(__CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__, __CPANEL_HIDDEN__) called at whostmgr/bin/whostmgr line 2321
    	main::passwd called at whostmgr/bin/whostmgr line 770
    I then try to login to the account ftp and all I get is a blank dir. I check the domain through ssh and all the files is still there. How do I fix this? Thanks.

2. iserversupport

iserversupport Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    It seems like an issue with the account my.cnf file

what is the result of ll /home/username/.my.cnf

3. OooLong

OooLong Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Are you referring to /home/domain/.my.cnf? if so there is no such file. I only see the usual public_html/ public_ftp etc..

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Please check to see if the following file exists and it's permissions/ownership values:

Code:
    /home/$username/.my.cnf
    Make sure you check with FTP or SSH, or ensure the file is not hidden if using File Manager.

Thank you.