The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can't cluster, can't master/slave

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by spaceman, Apr 14, 2004.

1. spaceman

spaceman Well-Known Member

We have 3 dedicated servers, A, B, and C. B and C are slaves of the primary DNS server, A.

We've just got a new dedicated server, D, that we would also like to make a slave of A, just like B and C are now.

But here's the problem:

WHM > Establish a Trust Relationship with a Primary Nameserver

... I get this message: "This function is handled automaticlly since dns clustering is enabled. There is no need to set it up."

Then I go to:

WHM > Configure Cluster

... and I'm clearly told that "(current setting) Disable Dns Clustering". i.e. dns clustering is NOT enabled, directly contradicting what I've been told above.

Anyone know a way out of this predicament for me and my new server?

P.S. For the moment I'd prefer to stick with master/slave over clustering because my data centre don't support the latter (probably because of the widely-discussed absence of documentation on the subject).

#1 spaceman, Apr 14, 2004
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2004
  2. griz

griz Well-Known Member

re

I have the same prob on a new cpanel install. My license vendor seems a bit confused by the problem. Does anyone have a solution to this?

3. spaceman

spaceman Well-Known Member

Re: re

It turned out that my specific problem described in my opening post was because I'd overlooked putting the IP address of the 'master' DNS server into the "Master Nameserver" field under "Edit Setup" in WHM. Once that was done, I was able to create the trust relationship.

Hope that helps.