The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't connect to Exim with ColdFusion

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by webr00t, Dec 10, 2007.

1. webr00t

webr00t Member

I've been using CF on Windows for a long time but just installed it on my first Linux box. Much works smoothly, a few things don't, most disconcertingly including outgoing mail.

Here's my setup:
    CF Version: CFMX 7.01
    OS Version: CentOS 4.5
    Mail Server: Exim 4.68
    WHM/cPanel 11.x

Exim seems to be working okay for localhost relays. It's relaying mail from localhost for PHP apps (unless those are using sendmail, which I'm not too familiar with); the nobody user is permitted to send, and the Exim config has this line in it:

Code:
    hostlist relay_hosts = lsearch;/etc/relayhosts : \
    localhost
    But cfmail tags don't work even if I provide server, username and password attributes. And in CF Administrator > Mail, I cannot get a connection to the mail server using any settings (localhost, IP address, mail.domain.com, etc, etc); I just get "Connection Verification Failed" every time. I've also used the user:password@host method in CF Admin > Mail to ensure authentication, but that shouldn't be required since localhost relays are allowed.

As root, I can telnet to localhost/myIP on port 25, no problem. The CF mail.log has one consistent error in it:

"Could not connect to SMTP host: [IP Address], port: 25; nested exception is: java.net.ConnectException: connection to [IP Address] timed out"

Thanks in advance for any help! B