Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Can't connect WHMCS to WHM after the last update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sumi21kav, Aug 17, 2018.

1. sumi21kav

sumi21kav Member

Hi,

After the last update 74.0.4 i`m unable to connect WHMCS with any server that is running cpanel/whm version 74.0.4.

We have several servers that still run older version 72 and 68 and the same WHMCS installation works fine without issue there but on every server that runs on 74.0.4 there is an issue.

I have try to connect even with remote access hash and the new API Tokens but the same error is present. When i try to test connections in WHMCS all i get is: FAILED: Array

I have check several times on all server the API token is OK, i have even created new one but that did not help too. Just for test i try to connect with wrong API and it says Login failed like it should do so that mean the authentications looks fine but i`m not sure why i get FAILED: Array
    error.

Any help THANKS!

2. rpvw

rpvw Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sumi21kav

sumi21kav Member

4. rpvw

rpvw Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    The announcement of the depreciation and removal of the XML output was announced over a year ago - so no - there is now no quick fix other than to upgrade your WHMCS

One suggestion was to build a new server on a pre v74 of cPanel, and migrate your site over to that - I would have thought it would be more trouble than it was worth, and it would be easier to just update your WHMCS.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    cPanelLauren likes this.
  5. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
  6. bear

bear Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    What to do when you're using the latest version of WHMCS and setting up servers (v74+) only to get that same error using the API token? The module log shows this:
    Code:
    {"cpanelresult":{"apiversion":"2","error":"Access denied","data":{"reason":"Access denied","result":"0"},"type":"text"}}
    I tried creating the key as both root and reseller it's to connect as, with the same result.

UPDATE:
    As is typical, I fiddled with things some, and somewhere in the middle of it all things began working. Inexplicably. Reseller username and reseller generated key seems to be what it wants. Not sure which change on the server made it happy, but it now works on more than one.

#6 bear, Aug 30, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
  7. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    HI @bear

I'm glad to hear that it's working for you once again.