The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cant create new accounts since yesterday

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 4u123, Jun 18, 2008.

1. 4u123

4u123 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

This is happening on a number of servers since yesterday when using the API. Here is the cpanel error log...

(internal death while parsing ) Wed Jun 18 10:55:16 2008 [3816] error: Undefined subroutine &Cpanel::SafetyBits::Chown::ishardlink called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/SafetyBits/Chown.pm line 49.
    Cpanel::SafetyBits::Chown::safe_chown('USERNAME', 'mail', '/etc/valiases/DOMAIN') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/Accounts/Create.pm line 937
    Whostmgr::Accounts::Create::_wwwacct('plan', 'Basic', 'maxpark', 9999, 'lang', undef, 'hasshell', 'n', ...) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/Accounts/Create.pm line 1600
    Whostmgr::Accounts::Create::_createaccount('reseller', 0, 'useregns', 0, 'plan', 'Basic', 'username', 'USERNAME', ...) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/XMLUI/Accounts.pm line 168
    Whostmgr::XMLUI::Accounts::createacct('username', 'USERNAME', 'plan', 'Basic', 'password', 'PASSWORD', 'contactemail', 'CONTACTEMAIL', ...) called at whostmgr/bin/xml-api.pl line 139
    main::__ANON__ called at whostmgr/bin/xml-api.pl line 381
    main::runapp() called at whostmgr/bin/xml-api.pl line 357

WHM 11.23.2 cPanel 11.23.3-R25533 Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is happening on all servers running the latest release build. I guess this is the most important part of the error...

Note: This only happens when using the API.

#1 4u123, Jun 18, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
  2. 4u123

4u123 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Logged a ticket, after some to'ing and fro'ing the response to my ticket was...

I have confirmed that this is a known issue, and it will be corrected in build #25576 that should be available in approximately half an hour. If updating cPanel to build #25576 does not correct the problem, please let us know. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.