The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't create SQL database

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by Charles_cz, May 1, 2004.

1. Charles_cz

Charles_cz Registered

Hi everybody. I am new to cPanel. Anyway I try to create SQL database in cPanel folowing documentation.

cPanel confirms the action but no SQL database is created. I have tried few times but no database or username is created.

Eximstats failed is the only error. Does it have anything to do with my problem?

Can you please point to me how to fix this problem? I am sorry if that is simple problem but I am really new to this stuff and help would be very appreciated.

I did not install cPanel by myself. I have only account I would like to use.

Thank you Charles

2. mickalo

mickalo Well-Known Member

Make sure MySQL is up and running, which can be verified from the WHM or at the shell prompt to see if the MySQL client is running or not.

If you can't create the database through the mysql client from the command line, then possibly you or the account that's trying to create the database doesn't have the privileges to create database or isn't setup or allowed to access the MySQL.

But if eximstats is causing errors, it's possible that MySQL isn't running or failing... need to check the logs. :)

Mickalo

3. Charles_cz

Charles_cz Registered

Mysql (4.0.18-standard) is up, at least what cPanel X says.

Wouldn't I get error when trying to create DB thru cPanel X if I had no the privileges to create database?

It says DB name was created, but no DB is really created. The same thing is happening when I try to add user.

I thought that would be pretty simple to create MySQL DB and user. It doesn't look that way so far. :confused:

4. mickalo

mickalo Well-Known Member

I would verify that infact MySQL is running from the shell prompt, then see if the database was actually created.

Also make sure, that this account attempting to create the database, has the ability to create MySQL databases, usually setup via the various packages you created in the WHM. On the main login page of the Cpanel, usually on the left side, the is a area that says "Mysql Databases 0/1" or something to that affect. If it says "Mysql Databases 0/0" then they can't create any databases, and you'll need to update or edit the account in the WHM to allow them to create databases.

Mickalo

5. Mad Cow

Mad Cow Member

I'm having the dumbest problem of them all. I can't find the command shell. I think I know what I'm doing past that, but I really need to find that shell. Where the heck is it? I read the documentation for cpanel and it never once mentioned it.
    Thanks.

6. whs

whs Member

Command Shell

Go to this website and download putty

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/

From here you will need to configure a connection to your server. Once connected, you are now in the server via command line (SSH). You can run whatever commands you need to once inside.

7. Limedrink

Limedrink Member

I have the same problem after I completed a server migration. When I login to SSH as root and type 'mysql', I get 'ERROR 1045: Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: YES)'. Tried resetting the password, didn't work. Seems like the password for the SQL server is not being set correctly. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Limedrink.

8. Limedrink

Limedrink Member

Problem solved: Force reset your MySQL password to a password without any special characters.

Good luck.

Cheers,

Limedrink.

9. gopederick

gopederick Active Member

Same Problem

Hi, I am having this same problem. When I click Add Db button it says it did, but when it returns back the page it shows no created database.

1. MySQL is running. Forums and my gameserver plugins are working.
    2. I can not Reset Local MySQL Root Password. It says it did it but I can not access mysql via shell or phpmyadmin.

So I did a make deinstall for mysql 4.0.13 and installed 4.0.21 and I still get the same problem.

Any ideas?

#9 gopederick, Oct 11, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2004
  10. subn3t

subn3t Member

same here

same problem here and it does not fix with resetting pass .... any other ideas ?

PROBLEM FIXED .... too much security in my.cnf :) .... paranoia :D

#10 subn3t, Dec 10, 2004
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2004
  11. abagla

abagla Member

what to do in my.cnf