The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't Delete Domain!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hostingtruth, Jul 13, 2004.

1. hostingtruth

hostingtruth Member

Hello, all.

I created an account in WHM the other day but had to delete it because of a problem with the packages. In any event, I went back to re-add the account yesterday, and WHM informed me that the user name was already in use, in spite of the fact there was nothing showing up for him in WHM. I tried the userdel command from the shell and everything, but I never could get the old user name eradicated fully.

So, I decided to use a different username with the account. But this time WHM informed that "Sorry, that domain is already setup (remove it from httpd.conf?)". Now, I cannot seem to get WHM to forget the domain either. This is very frustrating to say the least.

I've deleted the zone file as well as any and all references to the domain in the system files that I could locate, but apparently I'm not getting them all deleted. Could someone who has been down this path before give me a list of every location I need to check to eradicate vestiges of this old username and domain so that I can recreate it?

By the way, where is this httpd.conf located? I found one file named that, but when I opened it with a text editor, it didn't appear to have anything in it.

Thanks for your help!

Thanks,
    Scott Henry

2. easyhoster1

easyhoster1 Well-Known Member

Try

/usr/local/apache/conf

3. hostingtruth

hostingtruth Member

Thanks, easyhoster. That did it! I was actually in the right file before, but I just hadn't scrolled down far enough. The entry for the domain I was wanting to delete was on like line 5500. Took me a bit to find it.

Thanks again!

Scott Henry

4. Hercio Neto

Hercio Neto Member

Sorry, that domain is already setup

I am trying to insert a domain and appears this "Sorry, that domain is already setup (removes it from httpd.conf?)" I already removed of httpd.conf everything that the domain had related and exactly thus it did not decide. What to make?

5. Marty

Marty Well-Known Member

Did you restart apache after removing it?

6. Hercio Neto

Hercio Neto Member

one 3 times already. Already I will revirei conf ja I looked at other archives and none makes referencia to the domain

7. haze

haze Well-Known Member

Just look for reminents of the account on the server. For instance check the domain is no longer listed in /etc/localdomains.

8. Hercio Neto

Hercio Neto Member

I obtained to decide making this

"As for creating this domain if it says it already exist run the following from shell

/scripts/killvhost domain
    "

9. Veiko

Veiko Member

I experienced exactly same situation as you, can't add back the domain you deleted or got that domain already setup error. what I did was creat a dummy domain and modify that domain to the domain you want to setup previously and doom It works

:D :D :D