The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't delete forwarder?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by doni49, Mar 1, 2007.

1. doni49

doni49 Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2006
    I was trying to get PROCMAIL up and running when I found an FAQ that said to put the following in a .forward file:

"|IFS=' ' && exec /usr/bin/procmail || exit 75 #doni49"

I wasn't able to find such a file so I tried creating one in my home folder. Still didn't get any results.

So I figured that I was supposed to pipe an address to that command line. I went in to CP's "forwarders" page and added that as the destination for a forwarder.

I've since gotten PM working (not using this) but I can't delete this forwarder.

All that happens is that I get a message that will no longer be forwarded to "IFS . The quote and the trailing space are there on the message.

But when I view the forwarders page, it's still there. I suspect that either having the spaces or the pipe symbol in the URL is causing this.

Are forwarders stored in a text file somewhere that I can access/edit via File Manager?

2. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

Apr 7, 2006
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    NO, they are stored in /etc/valiases/ YOu will need to have yor webhost manually remove it. We fixed a lot of problems with adding/removing forwarders in EDGE that will make their way into the other builds.

It may be one of several characters in your forwarder that are preventing its removal.